Sunday, June 29, 2014

hard proof

So, I saw a video of myself this morning and... it was humbling, I guess is the word. I was not thrilled with what I saw, but I am not wallowing in The Pits, which is what I call that quagmire of hopelessness and despair deep in my stomach. I think I've mostly been in The Pits for the past few years - though I have, of course, experienced moments of happiness, gratitude and joy - which would explain why I've been stuck, because that's where things go to die. Thanks to some powerful counseling, I finally feel like I am getting unstuck. I feel like I can breathe easier.
Alright, so I don't like what I saw in this video. That sucks, I won't lie. But I have some choices: I can stay in The Pits, where things are stagnate and gross. Or I can climb out and start cleaning myself off. I'll go with the latter, even though I know it means I am in for plenty of work.

Again, I don't know who's reading and I don't know where you are in your life, but I encourage you to hang in there if you're struggling. It gets better and I want you to be around to see that. I sincerely want things to get better for all of us who struggle.

I am keeping you in my thoughts today, kittens.

<3 nbsp="">

No comments:

Post a Comment