Saturday, June 14, 2014

getting unstuck

I was doing some tapping earlier (trust me, I know how cuckoo this seems and looks, but it has been helpful for me) because I've had some troubling back pain this past week and it ended up bringing up some unexpected things. It occurred to me that I was probably holding on to some negative emotions, specifically fear and worry. That led me to a breakthrough, namely that those emotions are not mine. They belonged to my mother and grandmother and I've been holding on to those emotions to maintain my connection with them. I'm curious to see where this realization will lead.

Earlier I was feeling like a big pile of crap, feeling super uncomfortable in my body (my clothes are not fitting well right now) and, instead of berating myself, I did a little workout to pick up my energy and seratonin levels. I was also conscious to refrain from harshly judging my body and its limitations and to cheer myself on.

It just reminded me, if I've forgotten what this whole blog is about, to focus on the journey instead of the destination.

If you happen to be reading this and you're frustrated and feeling hopeless, don't give up on yourself. You are worth taking that next step. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment