Tuesday, January 21, 2014

days 18, 19 and 20

My gift for day 18 was a belated Christmas present to my lovely, lovely friend Kar. I gave her some yummy-smelling Lush soap and some bracelets, which she loved. I wasn't sure if they were her style but she was legitimately happy to receive them. Kar is just golden, so making her happy is particularly rewarding.
My gift for day 19 was doing some more work on the fundraiser for my friend. We haven't reached much of our goal and we're running out of time. I hope we can pool some more resources.
My gift for today was a 5€ donation to Hinz und Kunzt, a magazine in Hamburg that's sold by homeless people on the street, in restaurants, on the train, etc. I gave the donation to a man who is usually in front of the grocery store I go to on a regular basis and he is super friendly. I give him donations every now and again, but I always say hello. He has a very sweet presence and I hope that the extra money made him happy.

Waiting two days to journal is ok, but three days is too long. Remembering my gifts for the past couple days was on par with doing a sudoku puzzle. Like a really hard one. Which arguably keeps my brain pliable, but I doubt that's the point of the exercise.

On a side note, this Don't Break the Chain thing is kinda badass, mainly because it doesn't feel like a thing and it keeps me rooted in the only thing I have control over - the present moment. It is suggested to focus on no more than three goals for the first 6 weeks. Mine are 15 minutes of exercise, 15 minutes of studying German and 5-10 minutes of meditation. I've created four links in my chain already. It's exciting!

Alright, kittens. I'm off to read before passing out. See you all on the flip!

No comments:

Post a Comment