Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 21

Hey Yawl,

The end of this challenge is around the corner and I can honestly say that I do feel it has changed me a bit. The changes are subtle, so maybe it's more appropriate to call it a shift. Whatever it's called, it's created more space in my day-to-day and more forgiveness for myself and others. Less judgment for myself and others. And it's shown me that I don't have to spend any money and make grand gestures to show someone kindness and love.
My gift for today has been saying Namaste (in my mind, of course) to as many passersby as possible, as something of a blessing. I think it's nice to acknowledge the people I pass on the street as people and not annoying, sometimes stinky obstacles in my way. It's a sign of respect - the quieter, more loving part of me gives your quieter, more loving self a nod. Anything that promotes an open heart and more compassion can't be all bad, right?

Speaking of Namaste, I gotta jet. Gonna do some yoga before I go nerd out with a round of D&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment