Wednesday, February 27, 2013

how quickly they forget

The day is nearing its end and it just occurred to me that I pledged to post in this bloggy every day. See post title. Whatever, at least I remembered, right? Maybe this is a useful reminder to be less critical towards myself.
Day 3 of eat-less-than-you-normally-would was not quite as successful as Days 1 and 2, in that I definitely ate too much for breakfast and lunch. A downfall of all three days has been relatively unbridled snacking. Granted, I've been noshing on hummus and gluten-free crackers and fruit, but still. I need to plan my snacking, as well as my meals (which I've been doing for the past few weeks. I used to resist it like the plague before, but now I can't imagine shopping and cooking any other way). I hereby forbid myself from eating straight out of the box/bag of anything. Except for dried apricots (no sugar added!)! They have what I will call a weird, not wholly unfamiliar, texture that makes them easy to resist/eat reasonably.
I kind of don't want to go to the gym tonight, even though I really need to. My resistance to going to the gym is not as great as it was last week, but due mostly to the fact that I have to make up some time I lost for an apartment-viewing I had to go to on Monday (gettin' rid of my cozy little place and moving in with ma boo:)). In other words, I will be at work kind of late and I am tired and grumpy and ready to take off my tights and watch Game of Thrones. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

PS -- I am open to suggestions for how to refocus this blog and make it more readable. Hit me up if you have some ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment