Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Steppin up my game

It has been a hot, hot minute since I've posted anything and, for that, I offer my sincerest apologies and regrets. A LOT has changed in my life over the past few months. For starters, I got myself a boo :) which is exciting, but has created some major upheaval in my day-to-day. Needless to say, the pieces are beginning to settle and fall into place.
A few weeks ago, I finished the same cleanse I did last year and I've been working on deciding what I want my diet to look like now that the next few weeks of meals aren't already laid out for me. So far, I've been eating a mostly plant-based diet and, this week, my primary focus is making sure my portions are healthy, which is to say not too big. Left to my own devices, I will serve myself too much food almost 100% of the time, so it's about training my eyes to "see" what a normal portion looks like.
Beyond that, I am working on ramping up my activity levels so that I am getting cardio 30 minutes a day, five days a week and strength-training at least 2 days a week. The good news is that I've been working out regularly for the past two months, but the truth is that I can stand to be doing more.
Finally, I've decided I want to ramp up the amount of writing I do, otherwise 1000 posts will basically never happen. So, here's my commitment to posting something every day. It might not always be lengthy and it will assuredly not always be compelling, but dammit it'll be there. Sure this is positive and healthy for me, but it is my hope that something I write touches someone or inspires them to take their health and happiness into their own hands!

*Virtual hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment