Sunday, February 5, 2012

waiting for the drop

And I ain't talkin about no goddamn dubstep. I just sent an e-mail to my roommate letting him know that I've decided to move out. I am pretty sure he'll be pissed but I am also just as sure that I don't give a fuck. Living situations don't work out all the time, and this just happens to be one of those times. I am truly sorry it didn't work out, mainly because now it means I have to move. A new co-worker has a place that is coming available in less than a month (during the shortest month of the year), which is sooner than the amount of notice I am supposed to give (which is a whopping and not-totally-surprisingly unreasonable 3 months). I told my roommate that I did not want to stay until April or May, that I am more than willing to help him find someone to take my place and that it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone willing to move in soon. This was my attempt at imploring him to be reasonable (and human) about all this, since I recently witnessed how he kind of wasn't with the other roommate who just moved out without giving 3 months notice. So, yeah ... waiting to see how it turns out.
Tomorrow (hopefully) marks the beginning of the detox I want to do. Here's to a successful flush!
Also, here's to getting a bike some time next week!
I am thinking about joining a new gym, also. This one is very close to my new company and it would allow me access to cardio equipment, which is awesome for times like now when it is fucking frigid outside. We'll see how that goes, as well.
Also, here's to a(nother) productive week at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment