Sunday, February 5, 2012

detox

Tomorrow won't be the official start of the detox, but it's ok. It doesn't so much matter when we start (got my super-boo joining and supporting me! I'm a lucky gal, it's true). What's more important is getting our ducks in a row and having each others' backs, I think.
Anyway, it is recommended that you write down five things that the detox means to you and what you hope to achieve, so I couldn't think of a better platform for doing that:
1) This detox means answering my body's call for more attention and care. I hope that this detox will give me a clearer idea of what my body wants and needs.
2) I haven't been feeling my best for what feels like too long. I hope I come out feeling lighter and more energetic.
3) I have been ignoring some of the signals my body sends me about possible food allergies. May this detox make it so that that is no longer possible.
4) Self-doubt has been clouding my resolve. I hope this detox will fan the flames that is my desire for optimum health.
5) I want to make sure that I am looking no where else but within for love and happiness. If I find them externally, excellent; but, I don't want to need external validation for either of those things. May this practice somehow connect me with the love and happiness I already have in me.

The detox also recommends keeping a food journal, so if it's not too tedious for you readership, I'll use this bloggy as a platform for that, as well. I will start tomorrow.
Oooh, this is exciting ... looking into joining a new gym tomorrow. It's very close to where I work and offers cardio equipment AND classes all in one spot. That's the best of both worlds, of course. We'll see ... like I've said, feeling good about shit. And the fact that I can say that without hesitation makes me immensely happy, grateful and proud of how far I've come.

1 comment:

  1. Go head, guh! Get a giant grocery bag ready, because you're going to be buying them out of cucumbers. ;)

    ReplyDelete