Tuesday, January 31, 2012

forecast for tomorrow morning: light

I keep reporting the same thing -- work is really challenging and stressful -- like I think it's going to change at any second. I suspect that it will change like anything else: in smalls shifts over an extended period of time. Patience wasn't proclaimed to be a virtue for unfounded reasons.
I had my first French lesson this morning and I have devoir (the language nerd in me is STOKED, do you hear me?!), which is homework if memory serves correctly. Operation get a Dutch bike was a bust, because I got a little turned around when going to pick it up and didn't make it to the dude's house on time. Which in the end was a stay of execution, cause it is mercilessly freezing in the 'Burg right now. This came as something of a shock since I had decided at least a month ago we'd skip all that shit this year. This is how convinced I was that we'd have a totally mild winter: when I woke up the other morning to the first hearty, sticking snow of the year, I thought in bewilderment, "Since when are all those rooftops white?" ...wait for it... God dammit! I thought I said no snow! Operation fast with my super-boo is on hold until we can settle on a plan of attack and solidify some logistics. But both those Operations will be successfully underway in no time, rest assured.
Gotta turn in now, ready poos. Sexy beast needs its rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment