Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9th, purpose and direction

Apologies for taking so long to post again.
I've finally come up with the purpose/direction for this bloggy. There's an ancient, probably Chinese, proverb that states: The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. As a nod to this aphorism of persistence, I'd like to take you with me on my journey of 1,000 steps to optimum health. I haven't decided yet if each day will be a step or if each post should be a step . . . what do you think?
I would blog about the things I've done today to tend to my mental, physical and spiritual health today, but Sunday's feeling like a wash on those fronts. Which is fine. Those days are going to happen. The absence BLAH days is not necessary for a successful journey to good health. In fact, I think they are to be expected. It's how quickly you pick yourself up/find your way back to your path that's more indicative of progress.
I did want to share that I purchased a workout series last weekend and started last Monday. It's called Slim in 6 by Debbie Siebers and when I workout this evening, I will have -- more or less - completed the first phase. I'll talk more about it later and be sure to fill you in on my small victories/findings. So far, I can detect a slight increase in my energy level, but am anxious to see some results in how my clothes are fitting. My main goals in doing this series are to: speed up my metabolism and drop a size in clothing (God-willing, two).
More later.

Happy Sunday! Happy Mother's day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment