Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday, April 18th

I'm not trying to front and say that every day is lollipops and puppy-dogs, but the days do seem to be getting brighter and better. I'm getting happier, finally! I've found recently, also, that I'm attracting the energy and positivity that I need to stay focused, inspired and enthusiastic. For instance, I've recently made a friend at work who, over the past ten weeks, has dropped 26 pounds! We hung out last night and I asked for pointers and her main pieces of advice were as follows:
eat four to five small meals a day to keep the metabolism strong and quick
and, do not eat anything at least two hours before going to sleep.
Now, I've been hearing these strategies for years. I've also done the latter before. But there something about the head-space I'm in, that I listened to her and really HEARD her advice and have every bit of confidence that I can do both of those things. Also, there's a small column in this month's O magazine entitled "10 Biggest Health Mistakes," by Ms. Winfrey's personal trainer Bob Greene. The bit that stood out the most to me was his 80% rule. I'll quote it for you:
"People tend to have an all-or-nothing attitude when it comes living healthily. But if you [make healthy lifestyle choices] even 80 percent of the time, you're still going to be successful."
Which I love, because it totally speaks to me and it's completely logical. I definitely can have an all-or-nothing attitude, which only leads me to being hyper-critical and over-the-top harsh with myself when I inevitably do not live up to those expectations.

Will share more later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment