Thursday, October 2, 2014

attitude of gratitude

Hey Y'all,

If any of you are in AA or have ever been to meetings, you know that program is rife with pithy sayings, just begging to be memorized. "Keep coming back." "It works if you work it." "Fake it till you make it," also known as, the inspiration for this post today. I am not feeling exactly grateful, but I am going to fake it and hope that it does good things for me:
1) I am grateful for old friends
2) I am grateful that this is a three-day weekend; ergo, I am grateful the two Germanies were reunified over 20 years ago
3) I am grateful for health insurance, cause it means I got to have my nasty swamp foot treated, even though the whole ordeal was embarrassing
4) I am grateful for Irish cheddar
5) I am grateful for stuffed animals and that I finally get why they are awesome

Hugs all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment