Monday, January 13, 2014

day 12

Tomorrow is my last day at work, which is always weird no matter how many jobs I've left.
As my gift for today, I decided to work on a task for a game I have been translating from German into English for the past two years. It isn't due until the end of the month, but I thought it would be a nice gesture to finish it before I left. Working on this game has always been tedious and challenging, but this takes the cake. What this task lacks in creativity, it makes up for in tedious minutiae. It is absolutely mind-numbing and typical of the things I've been working on for the past 2 years, that I am positive I don't want to spend 40+ hours a week doing. I have invested at least half a day into this ticket, if not more, and I think I am only about halfway through. I am regretting the decision to make this a gift.
I drank an extra cup of coffee at the end of the day to push through the task and that was a terrible mistake, as I have been on the verge of panic attacks all evening. I had a small one after returning from the grocery store -- my heart was racing and I immediately started crying after unloading the groceries and changing into my comfy clothes. I barely finished cooking dinner tonight and almost completely ruined it in the process. I wanted to bake chocolate chip cookies for tomorrow and couldn't even get started, I was so overwhelmed. I am exhausted, but I doubt I'll be falling asleep any time soon. Caffeine is fucking awful.
I'll work more on this monster ticket and pray that sleep comes eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment