Monday, March 25, 2013

you can't be mad at yourself all the time

The boyf has been working on a project at work that he really cares about and enjoys. He was detailing what he's been working on for the past week and said how pleased he was with the outcome. I told him I was proud of him and he said that he was proud of himself and added something to the effect of, "You can't be mad at yourself all the time." What he said was not in any way directed at me, but it unexpectedly hit a nerve. In that moment, I realized that I'd dropped the ball recently in liking, much less loving, myself and, in a rush, I felt the toll that that takes on my entire person. This past weekend, I made a concerted effort to be gentler with and kinder to myself and this is my pledge to keep it up!
This past weekend, I remembered the "change comes from within" lesson I've learned and forgotten a handful of times over the years. So this is my pledge to commit time every day to loving myself. I honestly do not believe positive change will be possible without it.
The new "diet" hasn't been going as well as it could, also because of some self-hate and because I haven't been dedicating enough time to meal-planning.
Also, I haven't forgotten about my promise to weigh myself on a regular basis to stay accountable. Going to the gym tonight and, as much as I don't want to, I will weigh myself then.

K, gotta jet. More later! I believe in all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment