Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Accountability

I was supposed to go to the gym yesterday, but I didn't. What I did instead, was get off of the subway one stop early so as to enjoy a longer walk home. The walk was brisk, pinky swear! More importantly, though, it was enjoyable, albeit cold. I also did about 5-7 minutes of Pilates before I went to bed. Overall that did not amount to that much exercise, but I was pleased that I took the time to inject some motion into my day.
I did go to the gym today and did about 35 minutes of cardio and about 10 minutes of strength training. My goal is to get cardio most days every week and do some kind of strength training at least twice a week. I totally think that's doable.
I also managed to step on the scale before I left, which is something that always strikes fear into my heart. The number is too high, but at least it's lower than the last time I stepped on a scale. That was quite some time ago though, so whatever I've been doing over the past few months clearly hasn't been working. I am going to keep weighing myself like I promised, because I think it will help me stay accountable to myself.
My eating was clean today. All I need to do is plan so that I have to make significantly fewer decisions about food during the day. The goal right now is to watch my carbs and eat mostly plant-based, portion-controlled meals.

Since this past weekend, I've been consciously loving myself more (a la Louise Hay) and I can already feel a difference. I am convinced self-love has to be the driving force behind the changes I wish to make.Not only that, but how could anything bad ever come from loving myself?

That's it for now, kittens. I believe in all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment