Saturday, March 9, 2013

experimentin'

Happy Weekend, everyone!

Again, nothing earth-shattering on my part. Just that I'll be looking into a new "diet" (sorry guys, it's all in German) this weekend to see if it's a viable option for me. Normally when it comes to diets, I am not at all a believer, as I think they are inherently flawed. Diets are things that you begin and end and I believe that weight loss should be the result of a lifestyle change - that is, if you want to be able to maintain it. I prefer to think of a diet as what it actually is; namely, the food you use to fuel your body every day. I believe if a diet doesn't appeal to you, if you cannot see yourself eating that way for an extended period of time, it will only grant you short-term success. But that's not what I am looking for at all. I'll let you know what I find out.

I believe in all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're posting again! Hooray!

    My two cents on snacks: I don't know about "diets," but snacks are also the danger zone for me. The best way to get them under control for me has been to either opt for making a smoothie or opt for a toasted (or un-) tortilla instead of chips or crackers (I no longer by anything that is crunchy and comes in a box or bag, because I know what will happen!). I found these gluten free brown rice tortillas that are actually crunchy and awesome in the toaster oven. If you're on the go, nothing better and more portable than a banana to even out your blood sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and I like either avocado (sometimes with salsa) or hummus on my tortilla!

    ReplyDelete