Monday, February 6, 2012

kinda thrilling

Hey y'all, I've got a handful of interesting/pretty exciting things to share today.
First and foremost, I noticed another slight change/shift at work today. Today was the first time since I've started my new job that I can recall A) not having to look up the meanings of words nearly as much (I still do sometimes and write them down, but that's mostly because I am nerd) and B) getting more creative with sentence structure more than just isolated words. My co-worker calls it gettin funky on the mic, which was fresh and hilarious the first time I heard it. Now it's like a catchy track that you love but have heard so much on the radio, that you wish DJs would stop playing it so that you won't eventually despise it. So, basically I am getting accustomed to translating for meaning (which I think is really the crux of it all) and starting to develop a work flow. Also, I am way less stressed out.
Secondly, 21 day detox begins tomorrow! :) Rayf and I got supplies this evening, the juicer has been delivered to the kitchen at work and tomorrow is go time. I am looking forward to it.
Thirdly, I joined a super awesome gym this evening. Oh God, so so many exclamation points. And, unbeknownst to me, my company BP is a partner of theirs, SO as a BP employee I get a membership at a discounted price. But wait, y'all. As a BP employee, I don't get just any membership, I get a mothereffing premium membership. I've never had a premium anything. What's more, I pay less for my premium membership than non-affiliated members pay for a basic membership packed. PLUS I walked away with all kinds of free shit today (like a booksack; books about exercise, health and nutrition; protein supplements) and I will have access to a sauna, cardio equipment, weight lifting machines, classes and a full-on motherflipping PERSONAL TRAINER. You name it, I have access to it. Words do not do justice to how impressed, grateful and fucking pumped I am about all of this!
Anyway, long story short, I had a great day, despite having been exhausted and headachy almost all day. I will of course write more tomorrow, but for now I have to rest.

1 comment:

  1. "I have never had a premium anything"--hehehe. Well get ready, boo! Congrats on your whole new setup. You will soon be less exhausted and headachy.

    ReplyDelete