Monday, April 11, 2011

update

Last week went pretty well. I feel overall pretty good about my food choices, as well as the amount of exercise I got.
One of my goals was to continue with the couch to 5k training plan, which would have had me running 3 times last week. I did not achieve this particular goal; however, I did attempt to go for a jog one day last week and my right ankle, which has been giving me some trouble lately, was not happy at all. I was however, jogging faster than I normally do and I think that might have everything to do with my ankle screaming out for us to stop. I will set the goal to take up the couch to 5k cause again this week, only keeping in mind to keep the pace WAY down. If my ankle is still unhappy, then I think I will have to have it looked at . . . :(
My other exercise goal was to practice yoga and pilates once, which I also did not accomplish . . . I did, however, practice yoga twice, so I'm going to tick this goal off as a success. I went to Power Yoga on Saturday and it was EXCELLENT. Our teacher was a specimen of human strength and beauty. He was also very hands-on and did a lot of correcting, which is a wonderful opportunity for us as students. I would like to go back this Saturday. I will keep this exercise goal as is for this week, because I know I can easily and happily accomplish it.
My nutrition goals for this week are also about the same: lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein and less breads and refined carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment