Thursday, April 14, 2011

gettin real

Dear Readers,

Things have not been going ideally with food choices this week. It feels like I have been eating everything that isn't tied down, which I think is partially true and partially exaggerated. I can only assume that there is some un-addressed inner turbulence that is now manifesting outwardly. Maybe I am afraid of not finding a job. Maybe I'm stressed that I don't know where I will be come July. Maybe I am lonely. Maybe I am tired of being my own worst enemy. Whatever the case, it would be best to do something besides writing to feel whatever it is that food has been shielding me from. Also, it would be good for me to eat without distractions. I think I mentioned this before, but I want to cease eating past about 9 o'clock at night. I've been drinking a goodly amount of water, so you know, I'll take my props on that one. I would like to keep it up.
Inspired by the run-away train that has been my eating this week, I've considered going back to Weight Watchers. I didn't go very far with it when I was in Laffy and have been, consequently, dubious as per my successfully using the program this go 'round. I was thinking, though, that I am in a different place now and I shouldn't let those "old tracks" stop me. Will let you know.
The not watching shows on the Internet before working out has been a fucking bust, BUT . . . I've been working out anyway!! Yeeuh! I've already been to Pilates twice this week and I'm going to Pilates and Yoga tonight. I have decided to put off jogging for now until my foot/ankle is feeling more up to it . . . I don't want to push it and cause worse or permanent damage. Then I'd never be able to run, which would be a tragedy! I've dreamed basically my entire life of being a runner and it is a long-term goal of mine to run in a half- (and eventually full) marathon. I'm also toying with the idea of triathlons, but I really hate swimming. That's not true. What little swimming I've done has actually been kind of awesome. I hate bathing suits. Which is also why I "hate" water-related activities and the beach. Sad really, but I know it's not going to be that way for the rest of my life.
Alright, I need to get myself together to make it out the door in time for my classes. Imma holla at y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment