Thursday, May 19, 2016

Full disclosure

It occurred to me that there are a couple of things I either want to come clean about or cop to or maybe just say out loud, I don't really know.
I don't believe in god any more.
I don't believe there is any inherent purpose or meaning to life.
I believe positive thinking is important and beneficial to one's health. I believe overall health is a sum total of mental, physical and emotional health. But I no longer believe that positive thinking has the power to draw things into your life that you want or to heal disease. (Yes, I completely believed those things. Had I not mentioned that? I had my reasons and they were based on my own personal experiences.) Fuck, I have wasted so much money on self help books. Which like, isn't the concept of self-help BOOKS, plural, ridiculous?? Shouldn't there just be one or MAYBE like a handful? I own so many, I could open a small book shop, composed of one, almost completely full, bookshelf.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps only through those readings and introspection could you come to where you are now in your understanding. It's all a part of you, even if you end up in an unexpected place, right?

    ReplyDelete